RECREATION SOCCER COACHING INFORMATION
Please download a copy of our SCCSA Coaching Handbook and Review our Policies and Procedures..
(please click on the handbook link below)
SCCSA Coaches Handbook
Message from the SCCSA Board of Directors,
Welcome to the SCCSA Recreational Soccer. Because teaching soccer, having fun and ensuring safety are our main objectives, kindly please follow these guidelines.
- Please read the SCCSA Rules and Regulations thoroughly and acquaint your team and parents of the necessity of abiding by all league rules. It is the responsibility of the coach to maintain sportsmanlike behavior at all times for himself, his team members, and parents. Violations of the rules will not be tolerated.
- Completion of State Background checks is mandatory and need to be completed prior to coaching. If you haven’t completed or have questions, please contact [email protected].
- Remember to contact all team members ASAP after the coaches meeting. Give specific information such as your name, phone number, time and day of practice and the exact directions to the place of practice. After calls have been completed, check in with your commissioner. Encourage your parents to address any unresolved problems first by notifying you, then by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. You should forward any issues to your age group commissioner.
- Just a reminder for all U8 through U18; all spectators must remain on one side while the players and coaches stay on the opposite side of the playing field. Coaches and officials are expected to enforce this rule..
- To all younger age divisions, although goalies are not used, no child should stand in that defensive position. Spectators are not allowed behind the goal area during the game.
- On picture day, you will take your team to the picture area after the completion of your game. If you have a late game start, you can take the picture before your game. The team picture is covered in the registration fee, and the individual pictures are an additional cost. Having a team picture taken is mandatory, and should only take 15 minutes.
- In case of game cancellation, attempts will be made to notify you as soon as possible. If you haven't been called or emailed and you question the field situation, please check the web site at www.sccsasoccer.com, or sign up to follow our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Thank you for volunteering your time and energy for the sake of our upcoming generation. Have a great season!
SCCSA Board of Directors.