Thank you for volunteering with the Southern Chester County Soccer Association! Please use this page to help and guide you through the coaching process.
A great place to start is our Coaching Handbook. Please take some time to review our policies and procedures. Most questions are answered in the handbook.
We understand a lot of you are new to coaching soccer, so we've put together some online resources to help facilitate practices and training.
Prior to coaching we require that you complete concussion training and background checks. An overview of requirements from our governing body can be found online, and currently you'll need to complete:
Everything is free for volunteers, and clearances must be renewed every five years.
Finally, a message from the Board of Directors:
Welcome to the SCCSA Recreational Soccer program. Because teaching soccer, having fun, and ensuring safety are our main objectives, kindly please follow these guidelines.
- Please read the SCCSA Coaching Handbook thoroughly and acquaint your team and parents of the necessity of abiding by all league rules. It is the responsibility of the coach to maintain sportsmanlike behavior at all times for himself, his team members, and parents. Violations of the rules will not be tolerated.
- Completion of Concussion Training and State Background checks is mandatory and needs to be completed prior to coaching. If you haven’t completed or have questions, please contact our league director.
- Remember to contact all team members ASAP after the coaches meeting. Provide your team information such as your name, phone number, and the time, day, and location of practice. Encourage your parents to address any problems first by notifying you; you should forward any issues to your age group commissioner. If all else fails contact our league director.
- Just a reminder for all U8+ divisions - all spectators must remain on one side, while the players and coaches stay on the opposite side of the playing field. Coaches and officials are expected to enforce this rule.
- To all younger age divisions, goalies are not used and no child should stand in that defensive position. Spectators are not allowed behind the goal area during the game.
- In case of game cancellations, attempts will be made to notify you as soon as possible. If you haven't been contacted and you question the field situation, please check our website, Facebook, and Instagram.
Thank you for volunteering your time and energy for the sake of our upcoming generation. Have a great season!
SCCSA Board of Directors